Choose Happiness @ Work delivers learning, happiness, and team-building in a fun experience. It teaches immediately applicable science-based tools. It allows people to safely raise and discuss issues, build trust, improve morale, and boost engagement.
“We love to play the Choose Happiness @ Work game in our training sessions! Players learn a lot and have fun together. Awesome tool.”
–Maartje Wolff, Co-Founder, Happy Office
How does it work? How long does it take?
- It takes less than 5 minutes to introduce and explain the game, then each round takes about 5 minutes.
- Players take turns being the Executive, who picks a common workplace problem.
- Everyone else at the table offers a solution face up, with explanation.
- The Executive awards points for both the best solution and the most creative or funniest.
The game can be played by 3 to 20 people. We believe the “sweet spot” is 6-8 people. To get 20 people playing with one copy, we suggest having people play in pairs. We’ve played with rooms of hundreds of people at once, using many copies of Choose Happiness @ Work.
It’s a fun way to learn about the science of happiness and each other, so you can bring your best brain to work!
What’s on the cards?
Choose Happiness @ Work features over 50 common workplace scenarios and over 100 science-based solutions. Each scenario identifies a common workplace situation, followed by a brief scientific justification for why it is a problem. Each solution falls within one of four categories: Practice Positivity, Subdue Stress, Flow to Goals, and Revitalize Relationships.
Practice Positivity cards present research-based strategies that lead to changes in mindset and attitude, resulting in increased happiness and engagement for you and your colleagues.
Subdue Stress cards deliver immediately applicable tips for reframing stress, preventing stress, and effectively coping with stress.
Flow to Goals:
Flow to Goals cards provide tools for creating clear and meaningful goals, tips for getting into the zone called ‘flow’ to make progress towards goals, and strategies for visualizing and celebrating progress.
Revitalize relationships cards encourage putting people first and building quality relationships at work through a variety of applicable and science-supported techniques.
In Choose Happiness @ Work you get:
- 100+ unique science-based solutions
- 50+ common problematic scenarios
- 7 Category cards
- Access to online resources and a database of scientific sources
- Instructions for standard play
- 19 additional ways to play
- 7 facilitation strategies and a facilitator’s guide
“This game can be an ice breaker, team builder, leadership development tool, brainstorming inspiration, cultural
lever, solo problem-solver. Really, you are only limited by your imagination. No matter how you use this game, it’s enjoyable and thought-provoking.”
-Lisa Sansom, Canadian Positive Psychology Association