Topics & Customization
Leadership. Engagement. Collaboration. Whatever area of your organizational success you are looking to strengthen, our presentations deliver actionable insights from cutting-edge brain science to help you do just that.
Below is a selection of the presentations we offer. With any topic you choose, we will work with you to tailor the presentation to your organization’s specific goals and challenges. We also welcome requests for other topics. Contact us to start the conversation»
Studies show that happier people are more productive, creative, insightful, engaged and resilient. They are also healthier and more sociable. Grounded in solid scientific data, this award-winning presentation covers dozens of actionable techniques to increase job happiness, organized around the themes of goals, relationships, and attitude. Gain specific strategies to…
- Effectively cope with stress
- Reboot your workflow for increased focus and creativity
- Develop and sustain happiness
This session has the option of including a session of “Choose Happiness @ Work.”
- Add neurons to your “inner CEO”, improving self-control and emotional regulation
- Reduce stress and increase happiness
- Improve your ability to focus in an extremely distracting world.
Engaged employees are enthusiastic about their jobs and companies; they go the extra mile for their employer. Engagement leads to improved productivity, quality, retention and profits. So how do you get an engaged employee? This research-based, interactive session will teach you concrete, immediately applicable techniques to raise employee engagement. Explore…
- Drivers of employee engagement (alignment, progress, significance, development, relationships and more) and how to deliver them in your organization.
- The forces that drive employees to disengage, and how to avoid those.
- How “minding the GAPs” is the key to engaging employees.
Learn the science behind engagement, and the practical steps any organization can take to boost engagement, and therefore the bottom line.
To be successful in today’s business world, leaders must provide interaction and fun to engage and retain employees. Learn how to ‘Gamify’ your organization so your teams have more fun, deliver better results, and see you and your organization as highly engaging. Learn from the masters of engagement – game developers! Explore…
- How your leadership can deliver engagement just like a great video game with Autonomy, Relatedness, Mastery, and Surprise
- Why giving your employees buy-in or why-in is so compelling to getting the work done
- What game developers know about mastery and why you should also be “rubber banding” to engage employees and teams.
Learn the science that game developers use–and the practical steps any organization can take–to boost engagement, productivity and the bottom line.
Constant change means constant learning. Learn how to learn and remember in this practical session grounded in science. Discover:
- How creating a “memory palace” is key to remembering important information
- Why doorways are dangerous to your memory
- What foods boost your brain and memory
- Why spaced out learning is better learning
- Improve your ability to learn and grow.
This is one session you will not forget!
Conventional wisdom holds that the key to success is finding and fixing your weaknesses. The “strengths movement” maintains that the key to success is discovering and using your strengths more on the job. Data from Gallup suggests that teams that play to their strengths enjoy…
- 38% higher productivity
- 44% more customer satisfaction
- 50% lower turnover
Putting your strengths to work significantly increases engagement and job satisfaction. It also gives employees the energizing effect that comes with excelling at a task, saves organizations the friction of remedying weaknesses, and empowers both sides to make the most of their potential.
This practical workshop steps through discovering, understanding, and using your strengths and those of your colleagues—not just for one day, but for the rest of your life.
To succeed today you must work with members of all generations. But are our differences more generational, or more the age differences between us? Brain science tells us that brains change as they age; while older brains are more successful at some activities, younger brains are more capable at others.
Neuroscience and social psychology can help guide us in working together. In this session you will:
- Understand age similarities/differences, how brains function at different ages, and generation similarities/differences–and how they impact organization effectiveness.
- Experience how working within and through these differences is important in creating intergenerational engagement and a thriving organization.
- Use social psychology to understand universal human needs, and how to satisfy those given age and generational differences.
- Break down generational stereotypes by listening to others describe who they are as members of these groups and to feel firsthand what that means.
- Create action steps to move forward toward intergenerational engagement and excellence.
You will leave with immediately applicable action steps to improve your effectiveness, and that of your organization.
This workshop will help you collaborate better by more candidly conducting difficult conversations. In this workshop, you will:
- Reflect on how you relate to conflict, your organization’s culture around conflict, and how conflict might be useful.
- See how a healthy mix of assertion and cooperation leads to true collaboration.
- Learn how emotional intelligence can help anyone better navigate difficult conversations.
You will leave with an improved ability to make the best of any
conflict and find your way to better collaboration.
Peer-reviewed, published studies suggest that a boost in happiness increases employee productivity by 12-25%. If we make one person who is contributing $75,000 in value to your organization happier, our speaking engagement results in $9,000 added value. Based on the feedback we receive, our presentations impact the happiness and productivity of many more people in each audience.
And productivity is only one metric: Happiness is also correlated to employee engagement, talent attraction and retention, quality of work relationships, employee health, and other factors that make for successful and sustainable organizations.
Interactivity & Support
Informed by scientific insights on effective teaching and learning, all our presentations engage the audience. Your participants might find themselves leaning into one-on-one discussions, creating and committing to their personal action plans, or -literally- activating mirror neurons in the attendee next to them. Handouts are provided with summary information, activities, and additional reading. Follow-up programs to ensure sustained impact can be custom-designed for your organization.
- We compile key goals from stakeholders in your organization.
- We interview a few participants about their biggest challenges and opportunities.
- We use input from steps 1 and 2 to customize the presentation that will best meet the identified needs.
- We travel to your event location and deliver the keynote and/or workshop along with handout materials.
- We follow up to ensure lasting impact, using email and phone conversations, a refresher webcast, and/or a set of email reminders.
Testimonials & References
For more feedback and testimonials from previous speaking engagements, please see the Happy Clients page.